Nowadays, advancements on Marine Transportation require the synergy of both computer science and maritime science and the focus of this session is upon the latest developments on Computing Methodologies for Marine Transportation.
Papers with novel theoretical as well as applied research are welcome for submission. We would like to invite papers addressing research efforts that aim at making sea transportation more effective and safer, targeting complex and large‐scale optimization problems with conflicting criteria, requiring innovative solution techniques and ideas from mathematical optimization, theoretical computer science, massive data analysis and operations research.
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Graph and Network algorithms for Marine Transportation
- Combinatorial optimization techniques for Marine Transportation
- Weather Routing
- Environmentally Safe Shipping
- Safety and Security of Maritime Shipping
- Risk and Safety Analysis, Assessment and Prediction
- Piracy Protection
- GIS in Maritime Applications
- Spatiotemporal and Marine Data Handling
- Route Planning and Monitoring
- Maritime Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Applications: surveillance, maritime traffic control, anomaly detection, emergency management, situation recognition, etc.
- Decision Support Tools for Marine Transportation
- Integration of Heterogeneous Marine Data Sources
- Papers due: June 22, 2019
- Notification due: June 30, 2019
- Camera‐ready due: July 14, 2019
- Conference date: September 20‐22, 2019
Organisers and Co‐Chairs
Charalampos Konstantopoulos, University of Piraeus, Greece
Christos Douligeris, University of Piraeus, Greece
(1) Short papers (3‐4 pages) are also accepted.
(2) Please follow the instructions (https://seeda2019.unipi.gr/authors/) for the submission process and choose “Special Track 7…” for the Topic selection.
Download file from here