Ambient Intelligence (AmI) is an emerging paradigm in which people are empowered by objects that are aware of their presence and by intelligent tools embedded in the surrounding environment. These tools are sensitive, adaptive, and responsive to people’s needs, habits, gestures and emotions. Critical infrastructures (CI) include the Sectors of Healthcare, Communications, Transportation, Energy and Water & Wastewater systems and they are considered so vital that their capacitation would have a debilitating effect on public health or safety, economy and security. On these grounds, several critical human needs rely on CI and these needs may be facilitated by Ambient Intelligence to sustain and improve quality of life.
In such environments, rapid response and continuous monitoring in emergency circumstances is considered as of great importance. To this end, incident prioritisation methods are key to efficiently tackle with contemporary events which may also arise. The development of such intelligent systems highly demands network robustness, intelligent knowledge discovery and decision support, security methods consolidation, as well as sensors and smart embedded systems integration. Against this background, we organise a special track of SEEDA‐CECNSM which aims to attract submissions that are related to ambient intelligent advances in critical environments.
- Intelligent Agents
- Machine Learning and Discovery
- Decision Support Systems
- Network Optimisation and Management
- Security and Privacy
- Advances on Embedded Systems
- Papers due: June 22, 2019
- Notification due: June 30, 2019
- Camera‐ready due: July 14, 2019
- Conference date: September 20‐22, 2019
Organisers and Co‐Chairs
Sarandis Mitropoulos, Ionian University
Dimitrios Kallergis, University of West Attica
(1) Short papers (3‐4 pages) are also accepted.
(2) Please follow the instructions (https://seeda2019.unipi.gr/authors/) for the submission process and choose “Special Track 1…” for the Topic selection.
Download file from here